Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Win the lottery? Naaaa



I was watching the news this weekend about the lottery and all the people that bought a ticket even if they never had played before, even my husband went out and bought 7 tickets. We joked about what it would be like to win and what we would do with the money. Of course we would buy different cars and a bigger house and give money to our family and to missionaries. 

But I find everyday how rich I am. Most people would say that is crazy talk, but I know that I have all that I need. 
I have a wonderful husband that is thoughtful and kind, a beautiful little boy, a 1400sq ft home, 2 paid off cars that run great, parents, grandparents and inlaws that are wonderful, my husband has a job that enables me to stay at home and raise our kids, enough money to buy organic and whole foods and for us to buy fun things, heating and air, love and happiness. The list could go on... and even the things I complain about, like my too small kitchen and all the things needed to be done to the house and I want to do this and go there and buy that, I have to stop and tell myself that I have more than so many people in this world, and that I live like a king compared to other countries, and so many people do not have love or joy in their home, but discord and fighting. 

I've realized that It's the simple things that we should learn the be thankful for. 
To make my own stuff and cook from scratch, there is something so rewarding and joyful about doing it yourself that the premade "do nothing" can't give you. 


It's the process and the journey that should be delightful not the end, because when the end comes then it's over and you are on to another journey, so we should always be thankful for the journey and enjoy the ride and look around us and be thankful for all the many many things we have that we take for granted. 




No comments:

Post a Comment