Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Popcorn cake and other discoveries


 


Last night I had a girls dinner and movie night at my house. I decided to try something that looked like so much fun to make and it turned out great. I made a popcorn cake, for those of you who have never heard of such a thing you should try it. It's like rice krispy's except using popcorn.

The options are probably endless...last night it was peanut M&M's, dark chocolate M&M's and pretzels. But I had visions of lucky charms, cocoa pebbles, fruit loops, Etc... you could even make it slightly more healthy and go for dried fruit like craizens, dried prunes and chocolate covered peanuts. Oh man, so many options.




Popcorn Cake:

6 C. popped popcorn (I popped it myself on the stove...to be health concience use GMO free corn)
Make sure you don't have any un-popped kernels in there :)

2 C. M&M's any kind you would like (I found that the Peanut kind stood up better and didn't melt as quickly)

1 1/2 C. Broken Pretzels (not crushed)

mix all of that together

1 stick melted butter
1 bag (16oz) mini marshmallows

melt together and then let cool for a little while so the chocolate doesn't melt

Add your popcorn mixture and press into a prepared pan (I sprayed mine with a little oil spray to make sure it didn't stick)

Also to make it look cool I used a bunt pan or you can use an angel food pan. that's what makes it look like a cake.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I discovered something in my yard this spring! Want to know what it is?

Two rose bushes... aren't they beautiful?

   

It makes me think about it regarding our own lives. That sometimes you don't always know what is hiding in you until the dead things are made alive in Christ and we can see the beauty that we never knew existed within our own hearts.

And now for the final discovery--------------

I decided that I love MCM otherwise known as Mid Century Modern furniture. I've been doing a little research and realized that everybody loves it and I never knew that I could be so caught up in the new 'fad'. I don't want to always like what everybody else likes but I just can't help it this time. I just love that scandinavian, danish modern look that it popular right now.

I want to paint every single thing white, floor to ceiling. I keep looking on Craigslist hoping to find some treasure that somebody else doesn't know is expensive and is selling for pennies.
I did score some pretty awesome bedroom furniture that I found for $250 for three pieces. I'm not sure just how 'MCM' they are but they are pretty cool in my book and I love them.


 

















No comments:

Post a Comment