Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Leftover Stir Fry

What do you do with leftovers? They never seem to get eaten when its just some leftover green beans, plain rice and cooked carrots from that roast you made.
But I have a delicious way to make all of those come together.

I give you...dum ta dum...Stir Fry!!! Yes that's right, throw it all in a skillet with sesame oil and you have wonderful tasting meals.

My dad did the same thing growing up except his meal was certainly not good. My brother and sister and I hated it when he went through the fridge looking for leftovers, because he made soup. His soup consisted of left over meat, vege's water and some frozen cabbage. Spice it up with salt and pepper and you have a meal. NOT! And he always made so much we would freeze it for future meals. He did this alot and we had to eat everything on our plates (or bowls). Ever since then I've never really cared for runny soup. (I'm getting better now that I know how to make a good tasting soup).


OK so this picture doesn't really work but I'll get better at that. 

What I did:
2 stalks of Celery sauteed in olive oil
when they were half way softened I added my left over steamed green beans
cooked carrots from the roast chicken and mushroom I had left over and minced garlic.
 I sauteed them in the olive oil and added about 2 Tbs of Sesame Oil.
When that looked good and hot I added the rice and soy sauce and Sauteed that until it was hot. 

Pretty much you could do this with anything that sounds good with sesame oil and soy sauce, and of course you really do need rice to make it a stir fry.

We had some left over the next day and my husband reheated it in the skillet with more sesame oil and scrambled one or two eggs with it and it was quite good.









2 comments:

  1. I stir fried cabbage and bell peppers and added soy sauce and sesame seed oil at the end! very tasty dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good, I think I might have to try it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete