Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spinach and Feta stuffed Chicken Breast

Let me tell you the tale of my front door...It was an ugly front door, painted in a brick red that
I hated. So I started looking at pictures to get an idea of what I wanted. Of course I had to see all the beautiful doors that were painted bright blue and pink, burnt orange and canary yellow and they were all so wonderful to behold. So I picked out a lovely bright blue green (almost turquoise) and painted my door. I was so excited as I saw the painted sprayed over the ugly red.

As we stepped outside to see our wonderful door with the lovely color, we were shocked to see, that our beautiful front door looked aweful with the house. We were the house that people drive by and say "What were they thinking? Who would use that color?" Really is didn't look good and I realized that I never took into consideration the color of our house did not work with bright colors, if we had a pretty white house it would be perfect.

So guess what my husband and I did the very next day? We painted it chocolate brown and it looks great!

Ok here is what I made up yesterday, I'm sure there is a recipe out there somewhere but I like making up my own and not using a recipe so here it is.

Spinach and Feta stuffed chicken breast


4 chicken breasts - halved and pounded thin 

2 slices of bread
3/4 C. frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
1 handful of Shredded Monzerella
1/4 C/ Feta cheese
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. basil
1 1/2 t. Oregano
1 t. Thyme
Chili pepper flakes for spice (as much or little as you would like)
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, carmelized

In food processor or blender, add bread and pulse until almost crumbs, 
add spinach, parmesan, salt and pepper and spices and pulse until all is crumbled.

take out of prossesor and put into a bowl and add monzerella and feta and stir.

Next open up the halved chicken and press and stuff with the crumbs. Close up and put into a 
baking dish that is sprayed. If there is left over crumb mixture, sprinkle that on top and 
top with onion and tomatoes.
Bake 375 for 30 to 40 min or until chicken is done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was also very good, a pinterest find I decided to try last minuet. It didn't take very long to make and was a really good healthy end to a meal. 
Plus, everyone says it tastes like an Almond Joy! YAY!!




Coconut Chocolate Pudding

1 14-ounce can of coconut milk (lite is fine), divided
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
dash of salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
(Way to much corn starch, please don't use this much unless you like really rubbery pudding. I used:
2 T. Cornstarch)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any chocolate you would like)
1 teaspoons vanilla extract

Shake the can of coconut milk vigorously for a few seconds before opening. In a heavy saucepan bring 1 1/4 cups of the coconut milk, maple syrup, and the salt to a simmer over low heat.

While that is heating, in a seperate bowl whisk together the remaining coconut milk, corn starch, and cocoa powder. It will look like a smooth chocolate frosting.

When the coconut milk and maple syrup mixture has started simmering turn the heat down to low. Slowly add in the chocolate mixture while vigorously whisking it the whole time. Keep whisking until the pudding  thickens up a bit, about a minute.

Remove the saucepan from the heat and continue whisking while it is cooling for about a minute. Whisk in the chocolate chips and vanilla and keep stirring until the pudding is smooth. Transfer to a bowl  or bowls and place in a refrigerator to chill thoroughly. To prevent a skin from forming press plastic up against the surface of the pudding.



No comments:

Post a Comment