Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quinoa summer salad

My main source of recipes now a days in Google. It's all wonderful,  until you realize that there are too many choices and you don't know what to choose, and then you find yourself an hour later still flipping between 6 recipes wondering which one would taste the best. They all have great pictures and look really tasty. The one you really want to make you don't have two ingredients and so you are sad about that.

That is my dilemma pretty much every time I look for a recipe on line, yet still I look.
Ok my complaining is done.

Here is what I made today for lunch:


1C. cooked quinoa (cooled)
left over black beans (optional)
1 vine ripened tomato, chopped small
2 ripe avacado, cut in bite size pieces
half and squeezed lemon
2 T. chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste 
hot sauce to taste.

Mix all together and serve cold

I served this with scrambled eggs, but I was also thinking about other ways to serve it.
You could put it in a tortilla shell with cheese and lettuce and chicken

This is just a great side dish for summertime






No comments:

Post a Comment